If you are thinking about remodeling the bathroom of your Clearwater home, you may be wondering if doing so will enhance the worth of your house. West Shore Construction has been remodeling Bay area bathrooms, large and small for decades.
We know that there are definitely some improvements, updates, and remodeling that will have a very positive impact. On the other hand, not all changes to your house will increase its value. With that in mind, here are some important points to discuss.not all changes to your house will increase its value Click To Tweet
What Can Decrease the Value of Your Home
Yes, this article is about whether bathroom remodeling will increase the dollars someone will pay for your house in Clearwater. Let’s start, though, with what will turn people off or cause them to offer you a significantly lower price.
- Bathroom plumbing that needs updating – some indications are leaks, water stains, and drips.
- Outdated items:
- fixtures – tub/shower and its hardware, sink/vanity and its hardware, toilet.
- wall finishing – tiles, wallpaper.
- colors – of fixtures, walls, and floors.
- Loud or unusual colors or patterns.
- A fixture that is unique to you – you have to explain what it is or why it’s there.
When buyers walk into your home, they want to be able to imagine themselves living in Clearwater in this house. If they see things that are problems, they will either ask that you, the seller, fix them or put in a lower offer because they will have to pay for it themselves.
If a house or in this case, the bathrooms are dated, they will be thinking of how much money they will need to spend remodeling the bathrooms in order to “make them livable.”
When buyers walk into your home, they want to be able to imagine themselves living in Clearwater in this house
Where to Begin When Remodeling Your Bathroom
There are simple (though not always easy) things that can be done to get a positive return on your bathroom remodeling dollars.
- Consult with a Clearwater remodeling professional such as West Shore Construction. We will work with you to determine where and how you will get the most value for your investment. Some changes will be straightforward, some will be more difficult and require great skill and knowledge. We will make suggests that make sense for you, your lifestyle, resale and your budget.
- Have a professional fix any plumbing issues that you may have.
- Remodel the bathroom to, at minimum, work through the list above.
Increasing Value & Getting a Return on Your Investment
The easiest way to increase the value of your Clearwater home is by remodeling your bathrooms. An important thing to understand, however, is that it is unrealistic to expect a 100% return on the dollars you invest in the project.
According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2020 Cost/Value report, midrange bathroom remodels in the Tampa Bay area will bring you a 64.2% return on your investment. So, the good news is that, on average, you can tack on an additional 64.2% of what you put into your project onto the resale value of your Clearwater home.you can tack on an additional 64.2% of what you put into your project onto the resale value of your Clearwater home Click To Tweet
Contacting a Bathroom Remodeling Professional
West Shore Construction has skilled tradesmen qualified to handle any bathroom remodeling job, large or small. Send us a message or call us today 727-488-8182. One of our knowledgeable consultants will spend time to you to understand your vision and help you determine the best way to move forward.
Additionally, we are experts in more than bathroom remodeling. Please check out our other services which will also increase the value of your Clearwater home, such as kitchen remodeling, hurricane protection and green home upgrades. We look forward to serving you.